Tuesday, September 22, 2020

April 2029 Birthdays & Anniversaries

 

It’s Adam and Ethan’s 19th birthday and the girls decide to take them out on the town. Out on the town seems to be going to see a movie.

“You two be quiet up there,” Adam hisses at his brother. “I can’t hear the end of the movie.”

“Sorry,” Ethan says. “We lost interest halfway though the storyline.”


When the movie ends, Ethan and Lily head outside of the theater while Adam shoots a scowl behind them. “Those two refuse to shut up anytime they see a movie together.”

“Well, not everyone is interested in what’s on screen when they’re on a date,” Charlotte tells him.

 
“This isn’t a date,” Adam says. “It’s a birthday celebration. We’re not on a date.” 

 “You need to get over yourself, Adam Smith,” Charlotte tells him. “It’s a date for those two, not us. I never said we’re on a date.” 

 
Ethan and Lily head upstairs to play some games at the arcade center. 

 They haven’t talked about why Lily keeps getting upset or not talking much at times. 


“I wish she would tell me what’s on her mind,” Ethan says when he plops down onto a stool at the end of the sushi bar where he finds his brother. The girls have gone back home, leaving the brothers alone together.

“Maybe she’s thinking about breaking up with you but just can’t tell you on your birthday,” Adam says.


Ethan gets a text message from Lily and smiles at the screen. “She’s not thinking about breaking up with me. She tells me all the time that she loves me.”

Adam shrugs. “Whatever you think. It’s not like she can’t find someone better.”

 
Ethan shoots his brother a glare before getting up from the sushi bar. “You make it your mission in life to make me miserable, don’t you?”
Adam shrugs and grins. “Hey, I don’t have anything better to do.”

Ethan shakes his head and then heads toward the door. “I’m going to go find something fun. If you want to actually celebrate our birthday, you can search the mall for me.”



Birthdays:
April 9 - Rachel Gates - 41
April 11 - Carol Smith - 44
April 14 - Skye Craig - 3
April 15 - Olivia Gates - 16
April 18 - Nancy Lloyd - 40
April 18 - Sunny Lloyd - 61
April 23 - Dee Smith - 17
April 30 - Adam Smith - 19
April 30 - Ethan Smith - 19
April 30 - Jessica Norman - 44

Anniversaries:
April 23 - Todd & Rachel Gates - 18 years

-----------

This is so long overdue! If you follow me on Tumblr, then you've already seen all of my updates since this one. I'll try to get the blog up to date on everything for those not on Tumblr.

I didn’t actually age up the boys yet because they’re still in high school. I may change my mind on that though and age them up anytime they turn 19 during the school year. It’s not like the teens and young adults look differently!

I am still trying to decide if I want to change the rules and let 17 year olds enter college, I’d just go ahead and age them up ahead of time. So then my Sims would graduate high school at either 17 or 18, depending on when their birthday is. As I said, the teens and young adults don’t look differently!

And looking at the ages, I still can’t believe Jessica is in her forties now! It’s not that I think she’s old (I just turned 40!), it’s just that I remember her life and heartache growing up as a teen and young adult.

4 comments:

  1. I think I have an idea as to why Lily has not been talking much and gets upset, something to do with university maybe? ;) Ethan's brother Adam certainly doesn't hold back, he might not be the best person to confide in. lol

    I've always struggled with the ages and when to age up etc. lol You are right teens and YA don't look that different, I guess they are mostly taller, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam won’t hold back his thoughts to his brother, lol! He figures since they’re twins they don’t have to be polite to each other all the time. ;)

      I wish there was a real difference between teens and YA! It’s so easy to not notice what age a Sim really is in once they become a teen.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, I wonder what's going on with Lily! And Adam...haha, there's a blunt communication style that you can often only get away with with your sibling and I guess he's using that!

    My sims are frequently still 17 when they go to college. I started uni in March and didn't turn 18 until May, so it seemed realistic to me. But I don't do age-ups in the middle of the year, except for toddlers. I just age everyone up in January birthdays. It means I don't have children sharing classes with teens just because they're turning 12 that year but aren't 12 yet. It was just what seemed to work for me! I do similar with TS4, actually, though I don't run a school for those sims.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam isn't afraid to say what he thinks, lol!

      I was turning 18 on the day I started college, so I barely made it out of 17 before that first class, lol. But it does seem really out of place for me to have some teens turning 19 during their senior year like Adam and Ethan just did, although it's very close to the end of high school for them. I think I may change it with James Gates-Watson and Emily Smith. Before now they've been a grade below Olivia Gates, Matthew Lloyd, and Isabella Smith. But I think I'll have them go ahead and graduate with that group and then everyone below them would be moved up a grade too. That would also mean that Emily would be starting university only a year below Caleb instead of two years, so she can keep a closer eye on her boyfriend, lol! ;)

      Delete