Monday, December 28, 2020

August 2029 Birthdays & Anniversaries

Audrey has entered the seventh month of her pregnancy. So close to the end and they’ll soon meet their little baby!

***

Sasha Lloyd wakes up one August morning feeling like she wants to hide from everyone. She has this sad feeling quite often now, like growing up is taking her away from everything she knows.

“Happy birthday, baby girl!” Ian greets her as she walks into the kitchen. “You’ll have to take off that costume so we can celebrate your birthday. Soon you’ll be too big for it.”

Nancy joins them that afternoon to celebrate Sasha’s birthday with them. Matthew finds it strange to see his parents smiling at each other and getting along now. It’s not like it was two years ago when Dad cheated on Mom.

Soon they sing happy birthday and shoot off little bits of confetti to celebrate Sasha’s 12th birthday.

She feels like she’s grown up when the candles are out. Is this what it feels like to get old? She just wants to be alone, away from everyone.

Sasha hides out in her bedroom while everyone talks and eats cake. She writes about everything in her diary. Nancy comes to find her daughter.

“Happy birthday, sweetie,” Nancy says.

“It’s not happy,” Sasha says. “It’s weird. I don’t want to get old. I can’t play with my dolls or anything anymore.” She gets up and runs out of the room, like she wants to escape the apartment and everyone in it.

But her mom catches her before she can get out of the door. “You can still do all of that,” Nancy says, hugging her tight. “I don’t care how old you are, you’ll always be my baby girl.”

***

I’m not a city girl at all, but I really liked this view from the apartment!

2 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous view!

    Aw, poor Sasha! Her age does kind of suck, honestly, and I don't blame her for being a bit bummed on her birthday. At least Nancy is supportive of her feelings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no desire to live in a city like this in real life, but I love the views in the game! I always have to take a look from my households and see what they're seeing outside their windows, lol.

      I don't know what to expect in teenage life for Sasha. She just has that moody behavior on her own already. I like that I created Nancy in the game! Even though she's living in another household, I can still bring her in to spend time with her kids when they need their mom. :)

      Delete