Monday, December 13, 2021

May & June 2033 Birthdays & Anniversaries

May 2033 - Henford-on-Bagley, England

It's the trip of her dreams, Carol says as they explore the small countryside town across the ocean from them. She's read about little towns like this in books and always wanted to explore one some day.

 

And so they are here, this little town Zared had heard about and was also interested in seeing.

Most of the villagers are polite and welcome them there, but there are a few others who aren't always so polite. Like life in any other city or town would be.

"This is incredible," Carol says as they stop to get lunch during their village exploration. "It's everything I had imagined a village might be."

"I'm glad you like it," Zared tells her. "This is a good vacation from everyday life."

"I do have a place nearby that I'm interested in seeing, if you're up to it," Zared says. "It's a bit of a walk."

"What is it?" Carol asks, intrigued as she looks back at him.

"A place I've read about in history books," he says.


They take the walk to the ruins that have intrigued Zared. The history books talk about the stories that this area has, that it belonged to a lord in the past who once had a home here. Others say that it was created by life outside of Earth, a group that visited for a short time and left their mark here. Most historians brush that off as a silly story someone made up, but Zared wonders if it might be true. If maybe there is a mark in this world from the side of his family he doesn't know.


"I wish we could find out the truth about this place," Carol says when Zared tells her the stories he's read. "It would be amazing to know that it really was created by Sixams long ago."

"It's okay," Zared says. "It's nice just to get to see it and imagine what might have happened. Maybe one day we can find out the true story."



"Let's get some pictures," Carol says, pulling her phone from her pocket.


Being out here in this quiet part of the countryside is nice, and it makes Zared want to get closer to his wife to really celebrate their anniversary.

***

May 2033 - Britechester, Illinois


"I don't know what I'm supposed to feel when I go into labor," Emily says one night.

Olivia gives her a hard stare. "Does that mean you're in labor?"


"I don't know," Emily says. "Maybe. Yes?"


"Ahhh," she groans as another contraction hits. At least, she thinks it's a contraction. She's never had a baby before so she doesn't really know what to expect her body to do and feel like, but maybe this really is what those books warned her about. It really hurts, contraction or not.

"I'm getting Caleb," Olivia says as she jumps up from the bed.


Only a few hours later, Noah is born. Caleb is nervous when they bring the baby home from the hospital. He isn't sure what to expect or how to handle things from here on, but at least he and Emily can figure it out together.

***
June 2030 - San Myshuno, New York


Alex is four on this sunny late spring day. Four! Sam and Ariel can't believe how much their baby is growing.


Alex loves Yamachan and it happens that a Yamachan festival comes to town just a couple days after his birthday.


It's the perfect way to celebrate this next stage of Alex's life.


Alex couldn't have asked for a better birthday than this!

Birthdays:
May 2 - Bianca Gates - 14
May 16 - Carrie Gates - 69
May 31 - Darcy Chase - 41
June 2 - Alex Smith - 4
June 8 - Mona Wiggins - 38
June 14 - Emily Smith - 19
June 28 - Matthew Lloyd - 20

Anniversaries:
May 4 - Zared & Carol Smith - 23 years
June 13 - Edwin & Darcy Chase - 18 years

--------------------------

In my storyline, in San Myshuno where Sam and his family live I wanted to hold a Yamachan festival. So I actually sent the family to Mt. Komorebi in the game, but in my story they are still in San Myshuno, in a part of the city that I imagine the festival is being held. I don't want my Sims to only be able to enjoy those festivals if they're visiting Mt. Komorebi, I'd like to intertwine them into my play with families in other cities. I’d also like to work some of San Myshuno’s festivals into life in other cities sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. It's so weird, considering how common it is in real life, but none of my couples have ever gone away for their anniversaries! Thanks Carol and Zared for giving me the idea, lol!

    Congrats to Caleb and Emily on the birth of Noah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun sending Zared and Carol off to explore Henford-on-Bagley! I'll have to send more couples on anniversary trips like that.

      Delete