Friday, March 12, 2021

University Frustrations

November 2029 - Arcadia, North Carolina
Pine State University - Baine Austin is 21, Violet Craig is 20, Kat Gates is 20, Yori Hayashi is 20

“I think yesterday’s game was well-played,” Yori says. “We came close to winning.”

“We were terrible,” Violet says, scowling at the assignment she’s working on for her Communication Basics class. “Some of those people don’t need to be on our team.”

“You are always insulting everyone around you,” Kat says. “What if the problem might have been you?”

“Of course it wasn’t me,” Violet says, holding her head high. “Unlike some people, I know what I’m doing.” She shrugs. “Yori isn’t so bad, unlike other people. He at least tries to be a decent player.”

“Thanks for your praise, Violet,” Yori tells her with a smirk.

Violet shrugs. “Just telling the truth.”




Baine is working on an assignment for his robotics skill.


This almost doesn’t end well.

***

Violet is so motivated being the best player on the field this year that she practices kicking the ball around in Baine’s room while he studies and his roommate watches. The roommate is interested in her moves. Her short shirt with no pants skill really really catches his attention.

Downstairs, Yori is teaching Kat some soccer moves.

It doesn’t work out when she kicks the ball to his head.

“I’m sorry!” Kat rubs his cheek. “I didn’t mean to hurt you!”

Yori smiles. “It’s okay, I’m fine. I’m used to getting hit with the ball.”

“I don’t think I’m made to play soccer. Or sports of any kind,” Kat says with an embarrassed grin.

***

Kat and Violet go up front to battle in their debate class.

Kat thinks maybe she can win this one since she’s part of the debate team. She even wears her debate team jacket so she can look professional.

But some of the guys in class are glued to watching Violet.

And so she’s chosen as the winner of this round, much to Kat’s dismay.

After debate class, Kat heads out to a local cafe to grab something sugary to take her mind away from losing to Violet.

Yori meets her out there and pulls her into a tight hug. “Don’t worry about it, you’ll beat her next time.”

I hope so,” Kat says. It’s not that she absolutely hates Violet, she’s moved on from the heartbreak Violet and Baine caused for her. But it would be nice to break down Violet’s “better than you” attitude once in a while.

***

“You know, you can take a break from studying sometimes,” Violet tells Baine.

“I’m trying to keep up with my classes,” Baine says. “It feels like I’m getting more work every day.”

“Well,” she says as she stands, “if you do decide to have a little more work with me, I’ll be waiting upstairs.”


Violet goes upstairs but Baine never follows her, so she turns on some music and dances out her frustration instead.

-------------






They all managed to pass their classes, although Baine did come close to doing terribly in one of his classes. But I figured out finally that I need to give my students just two classes each semester. More than that and they just can’t handle it, lol!

These Sims will have a different process as far as getting classes done in order to receive their diplomas. Since I started them in my own university type study before Discover University was released, technically Baine is in his third year and the others in their second. But these are their first credits as far as DU goes. My other students would take 2 classes each semester, with 2 semesters each year, so 3 years to finish. I don’t want to keep these four Sims in several extra years beyond that. So I may just cheat and give Baine his degree after his senior year in the next round and then the others their degrees the next year. That means they all would have 4 years of college, but it’s fine. I’ll move on to the 3 year setup after these four.

Violet hurt her arm during the last soccer game, so she’s wearing bandages in some pictures. First time I’ve had that happen to one of my Sims and I didn’t know it was a risk, lol.

I have to admit that when Baine had gotten shocked at the electronics table things didn’t end well! The grim reaper came, but I just couldn’t do it. So I quit without saving and then went back into this house, being much more careful about what I allowed Baine to do.

And as you can see I did make Yori into a playable Sim and moved him into the dorm with the others.

2 comments:

  1. Yori and Kat are cute. I'm incredibly charmed by them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them together too! I didn’t expect I’d find someone I wanted to move in so soon in Kat’s college years but I couldn’t resist taking him in. :)

      Delete