Wednesday, May 12, 2021

June 2030 Birthdays & Anniversaries, + Graduation Day

“Alex is still asleep,” Sam says one morning. “You’re getting started really early on his cake.”

“It’s his first birthday,” Ariel says. “It has to be special right from the beginning.”

It may not be what other parents would consider special—there isn’t a big party, just a cake and the small family together.

But watching Alex blow out the candles with her help, seeing that he’s not the tiny baby he once was…it brings tears to her eyes and heartache as well as celebration.

He may not stay little forever, but she’ll take advantage of every moment now!

***

And over in Oasis Springs, Anna has entered the seventh month of pregnancy, now in the third trimester. It won’t be much longer before they get to meet their new addition to the family!

***

Dee finds Phoebe sitting in her room with her dad that afternoon. It will only be a short time before she sees Phoebe walk across that stage at Arcadia High. Sees her get her diploma and then move into the next stage of her life. Which will be? Phoebe says she's staying here, at least for the next year, but Dee isn't sure what that might still bring.

Nathan leaves Phoebe and Dee alone, and Dee sits next to her on the bed. “In September you won’t be at Arcadia High with me anymore,” she says, poking her lip out in a pout.

“But I’ll still be here,” Phoebe reminds her. “We can see each other every day. I’m not running off to a university far away.”

“You’re not doing that because of me, are you?” Dee asks. “I don’t want to hold you back from your dreams.”

“No,” Phoebe assures her. “I’m doing what I want to do. You’re a bonus to my plans.”

Dee laughs. “Let’s go to your graduation before you’re late. I plan to cheer loud when you walk across stage.”

Phoebe Gates graduates from Arcadia High School with a 3.5 GPA. She will be attending Missam College’s online studies with a focus on music.


Pregnancies:
Andrea Craig - 6 months
Anna Richard - 7 months

Birthdays:
June 2 - Alex Smith - 1
June 4 - William Lloyd - 62
June 8 - Mona Wiggins - 35
June 14 - Emily Smith - 16
June 28 - Matthew Lloyd - 17

Anniversaries:
June 13 - Edwin & Darcy Chase - 15 years

-----------------------

I wish infants could blow out the candles and then age up! (Well, the parent could blow out the candles while holding the infant, I mean.) I had Alex grow into the toddler stage and had him blow out the candles for the pictures, but then aged him back down from child to toddler for the storyline.

I decided to have Phoebe attend school online so that she can really have a chance to think about what she wants to do with her aspiration to be a musical genius. I already have a band among my Sims and another Sim who does his own performances. I’d like to have something different for Phoebe. Does she want to work in music production? I could use Midnitetech’s music production career mod for her job after earning her degree if I decide to try that. Also, her remaining at home for now gives me the chance to develop the plans she may have once Dee graduates next year. :) And I have to be honest, I won’t be running Pine State University once my current students graduate so Phoebe can’t stay home for a nearby school. I’ll reduce to Britechester and Foxbury, with the occasional studies at Windenburg. Four schools is just too much to keep working into my rotations and some students might move out of the dorms which would create more university time to play.

I’ll use LittleMsSam’s online learning mod as part of the online college programs I’ll put together. I can talk more about that when I have all the details decided. I couldn’t decide what to call this school program, so I kind of used LittleMsSam’s name to create a name for the school. ;)

This is the last time a birthday post will cover just one month. My play is really far ahead of the updates on the blog/Tumblr, so I want to combine some posts. Birthday/anniversary posts will combine two months so June would be combined with May from now on, and our next birthday/anniversary post will cover July & August 2030. Graduation posts will be combined with birthday/anniversary posts for the times that the teens/university students graduate.

2 comments:

  1. I think Alex looks a lot like Ariel but definitely has a bit of Sam in there as well! It'll be interesting to see how his looks develop as he gets older.

    Congrats to Phoebe! I'm very interested to hear about your online college programs when you get to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm eager to see how Sam looks as he grows. I'm hoping he's inherited features from both parents!

      I'm excited and nervous about creating this online college, lol! I have some idea of what it will all entail, but we'll see how that actually works out for me. ;)

      Delete