Thursday, May 27, 2021

Unexpected Guests

July 2030 - Pine Hollow, North Carolina
Gates family
 - Carrie is 66, Todd is 42, Rachel is 42, Vanessa is 14, Aaron is 9

After long days of working on the farm and at their grocery store, Carrie loves playing cards with Vanessa.

Most of the time Carrie wins. But sometimes she has to give in to the loving grandma side of her and let Vanessa win.

Vanessa’s proud smile makes it worth it to set up her cards so that she loses, even though Carrie really doesn’t like losing card games.

When she's not playing cards with Vanessa, the grandma in her also loves playing with Aaron outside.

He’s getting older, so close to becoming a teenager and having his own interests that don’t always include her.

image

So now Carrie will treasure every minute she has with the baby--and only boy--of her four grandchildren.

Rachel is home from work one afternoon when she spots a stranger staring into their barn. Or attempting to stare in. He actually had his face pressed against the wall rather than the window or open doors.

“Can I help you, sir?” Rachel asks as she approaches him.

“I’m just looking,” he tells her.

“Well, you can look somewhere else,” she says. “Somewhere public and not private property.”

“How about if I look right there?” He props his hand up on his forehead like he’s trying to get a good look at her breasts.

And that is all Rachel can put up with. No one stares at a woman like that.

Unfortunately she doesn’t win the fight. Not this time. But she’s not going to let this creepy guy keep trying to peek into homes that aren’t his. If she sees him one more time she’ll be arresting him and let him peek through the bars of his new room one of the jail cells.

“I can’t take much more of that strange guy hanging around our house and peeking in the windows,” Rachel says.

“Well, at least he’s not trying to get inside,” Todd tells her.

“I don’t care if he gets inside or stays in the yard, he’s been warned and I’ll arrest him next time.”

But Rachel is even more furious when the guy suddenly appears in her bedroom later that night, just to say good-bye to her. What is with the neighborhood creeps around here?

***

Del Sol Valley, California
Carter/Wiggins family - Mona is 35, George is 33, Max is 6, Lucy is 3

 
Two-Bit Karma is looking for a new keyboardist for their band. They've put out posts on Simsbook and Simblr, but they haven't found the right fit yet.

"If we don't get someone soon, we won't make it above these little shows," George says.

"I think I have an idea," Ethan tells him. "She's working right now, but we can meet up at the bar and give a little show to test it out."


George checks his watch and then stands. "I need to get the girls back home. It's time for a nap. I'll see you at the bar later. This keyboardist better give a good audition."

"I know she will," Ethan assures him.


Ethan meets up with George later that night to introduce him to his new neighbor.


"How interested in performing onstage are you?" George asks. "It can be a busy time when we do get a lot of gigs booked all at once. Are you able to fit that into your schedule?"


"Of course she can," Ethan says. "She has plenty of time. I see her at home all the time."

"Thanks for insinuating that I have no life," she says with a smirk.

"Just let her try it out," Ethan tells George. "See how she does and then we'll make the final decision."





"So what do you think?" Ethan asks when they've finished their performance.

George puts his microphone back on the stand, quiet for a long time before turning to them. "Our next gig is Friday night. Be at my house tomorrow afternoon for rehearsing the songs."

Ethan grins wide. "See? I told you she was the right fit for our band."

--------------

The guy's reason for coming up to Rachel and Todd's bedroom. He was determined to stay until he drove her crazy, lol.

2 comments:

  1. I am really hoping Rachel makes good on her threat to arrest that perve, because I can NOT with that peeping from Wicked Whims, lol! I think in an early version, there was a cheat you had to type in to get rid of them? I did *something*, anyway. I switched to Wonderful Whims recently though, which I don't think has the peeping!

    Feels like a while since we've heard from Two Bit Karma! It'll be interesting to see how the group dynamic changes with their new member.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up switching to Wonderful Whims too. Haven’t had any peeping Toms since then, lol! But that guy just didn’t want to go away. So annoying!

      I’m hoping that TS4 might have an actual band gameplay added in soon. I want to keep the band together, but I have to move them into the same house temporarily to tell everyone to play an instrument for a while, then send them back to their real homes. It gets annoying, but I really want them to play concerts again.

      Delete